Friday 8 April 2016

All You Need Is Love

This week Kylie Bertucci is hosting another International Blog Highlight, and the theme is 'Love'.

I was having trouble coming up with an idea for this weeks highlight until I found inspiration from the latest challenges for Stamp, Ink, Paper and the Global Design Project.  


When I saw the Stamp, Ink, Paper colour challenge I instantly knew which stamp I was going to use, and then after seeing the sketch challenge over at the Global Design Project, I came up with this card.


Using the Definitely Dahlia stamp by Stampin' Up! I applied Soft Sky to the centre of the flower, followed by Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy (as I didn't have the corresponding Stampin' Write Markers, I used a wet paint brush to pick up the ink and apply it to the stamp).


After stamping the image on some Whisper White cardstock, I heat embossed a greeting and some hearts from the Watercolour Wishes Card Kit onto a strip of vellum using White embossing powder and then wrapped it around the cardstock.


I then layered it onto a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and then onto a Soft Sky card base.


And that's how simple it was to make.


Hope you enjoyed this weeks card.  Don't forget to visit Kylie's page (after 6:30pm (AEST), Friday 8 April 2016) and vote on your favourite creations!


I have also entered this card in the following challenges:


Global Design Project #030 | Sketch Challenge
 

Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge (#42 - Colors)

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Loove, love, love your card <3 Thanks for playing with us.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica Smith8 April 2016 at 21:23

    Love how fresh and clean this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah this is gorgeous!!! I love the Dahlia in these colors and that embossed sentiment on vellum is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Sarah! I adore these colours. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge and Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love how you colored the flower.....I have that stamp and think I have used it once. This inspires me to pull it out again!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely, hand painted effect to the flower Sarah, and the white embossed vellum over the top is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the vellum panel with the sentiment (the addition of the hearts are so cute). Beautiful colour combo too!
    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Sarah! I love how you used the different shades of ink on the dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dahlia has turned out so beautifully Sarah. Such gorgeous choice of colouring! I'm a sucker for those gorgeous Watercolour Wishes sentiments too, just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah this is stunning! I actually have that dahlia stamp sitting on my desk waiting to be inked up so I thank you for the inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Sarah. Genius using a paintbrush to apply the ink to the stamp. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color combo and you flower! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project ~ Krista from Canada!

    ReplyDelete